26 December 2006

A 4D Christmas

To add to the annuls of family lore: This Christmas, I recieved the same shirt twice. Now, here's what you're thinking...two people thought I'd like the same shirt, and both bought the same one. Nope. My mother bought both.

Was she embarassed. The same shirt, wrapped in two separate boxes. Funny.

Second event. Over at my sister's house. She is due to give birth by C-Section tomorrow. She has photos of her baby on her fridge, really fascinating ones taken by ultrasound, but of a clarity that I've never seen. She proudly announces that the photos were taken in 4D.

4D, I asked? The fourth dimension is time. The photos are taken in fourth dimensional space? We can see your baby when she's twelve, for instance?

That's what it said on the photos, she insisted.

No comments: