28 July 2007

My Mac Has A Virus--Call the Smithsonian

I must be some kind of superhero. Things constantly happen around me that are supposed to be impossible. Allow me to elaborate.

It doesn't rain in the desert. Or if it does, it's only at a certain time of the year. Right now it's monsoon season, so one might expect some rain, but typically it doesn't rain much. On not my first, but my first and second visits to Phoenix, it rained. The fist time I flew there, it was not only raining, but so badly that the plane had to be diverted to Tucson. It was not monsoon season.

I ran into George Wendt once. He was drinking a beer at a bar. Honestly.

I once accidently walked into the 150th anniversary celebration of the publication of the Communist Manifesto. In Sweden. All 30,000 of them (actually, I don't know how many people were there but it was a lot) went on a march, too.

And I have a Mac, and it has a virus. Macs don't get viruses. My friend suggested that we send it to a museum as the first known Mac that got one. Now, it's not impossible for a Mac to become infected, but extremely unlikely. That's my luck.

I have superpowers. I know it.

2 comments:

Moderator said...

The Smithsonian wants to see that.

Additionally, my parents took me on my first trip to NYC. We took a subway in ro something. Walked up the stairs near Radio City Music Hall, expecting to be amazed to be in the center of the universe. Low and behold, NYC was celebrating Gay Pride day. And the parade was going on right there in front of us.

This was like 1982. My family, being from the Midwest, were the only people for miles without leather. It also was the first time I saw a dildo. I think my mom cried.

Good times.

Bel said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :oD