30 July 2007

The Women of Rock!

This is my radio show...that I'm hosting RIGHT NOW.

----



Monday night on Esoteria we will be listening to the best rock, pop and hip hop from some of the most influential women in modern music. Lots of bands have the girl playing bass, but what about the women that really make the music? For every Vixen and Spice Girls we have L7 and Peaches.

What about such groundbreaking musicians as Mo Tucker of the Velvet Underground, the Slits, the Raincoats, Patti Smith, Yoko Ono, Bikini Kill? We'll be featuring new music from female musicians as well, from the Pipettes to Lady Sovereign to Neko Case.

Tune in Monday Night, 7-9pm CST, only on Chicago Radio 1!

You can reach me for questions or suggestions at either esoteria@chicagoradio1.com or while I'm on the air via AIM at chiradio1.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget Miss Chrissy Hynde of the Pretenders! So much better than Yoko. I don't even know (or care) anything about the rest of the band. And the GoGos!

The Idea Of Progress said...

I totally spaced on the Pretenders, to be honest (and they're from the next town over from my hometown, too). I couldn't find any early garage rock Go-Gos, although I wanted to play them. For that matter, I couldn't find any early garage rock Bangles, either.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have found this photo sailing along Internet and I am qudado badly for that I do not believe that it is a good image putting a girl in a festival of music with the problems that exist with the kidnappings as that of Madeline.
In addition has she the rights and the permission of the parents?

Http: // www.my-forum.org/Conciertos_257480/Miajadas_Festival __ 2526Julio2008_157221.html
Http: // www.miajadasfestival.es/cartel.html