25 August 2007

Download of the Day


Shout Out Louds, "Tonight I Have To Leave It," mp3


When I was in college, I was a radio DJ (106.1 FM, WZND!). I purposely chose the overnight shift, which would allow me to play whatever music I felt like, rather than the music I was supposed to, as WZND was modeled after a commercial station, unlike most college radio. This song reminds me of sitting in at the console at 3 in the morning, spinning a record from the 80's that I'd never heard before, and knowing that there was probably only two people listening out there, and enjoying every moment of it.

This is a song that I'd like to have on vinyl.

3 comments:

Moderator said...

I briefly worked at a college radio station. Saturday afternoons, as I remember.

One time, partner in the studio and I played a 30-minute song by Miles Davis and went to the restaurant next door for lunch. Nobody noticed.

The Idea Of Progress said...

I've always thought that's why Innagoddadivita was such a hit. DJ's could put it on and take a nice long bathroom break without anyone being the wiser.

That's a lot of airplay.

Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

I really liked this song actually. I shall have to check out more of your downloads.