04 September 2007

August 4th, 1997 (just 10 years and one month late)


The Idea of Progress can best be compared to Skynet from The Terminator. Do you remember Skynet? It was the computer system that destroyed the world. The military spent a lot of time and money getting the thing to work, and when they turned it on, it quickly gained so much power that it decided to destroy the world.

I don't want to destroy the world. The world is where all of the pretty girls live.

But I bring this up, because The Idea of Progress is becoming more powerful than any of us could have imagined. Yes, it's happened.

I've been linked to.

Not by one of my fellow bloggers, but by the Isthmus, an alternative weekly paper from Madison, WI. It ain't the New York Times, but I'll take it.

In my eyes, they are.

2 comments:

Ms. Laaw-yuhr said...

Damn I am jealous of your uber-presence (and sorry, I don't know how to make the umlaut over the "u").

paperback reader said...

You are wicked famous. Don't forget to forget all the little people during your meteoric rise!