12 October 2007

Dear Jimmy Carter,

I read about you in USA Today today.

"‘I've called Al Gore and urged him to run for president so many times,’ former President Carter told NBC's Today show. ‘He finally told me the last time, 'President Carter, please do not call me.' "

I would like to point out to you, President Carter, that tIoP is too young to run for President, so can you please stop calling me at all hours of the night bugging me about that, too? Have some patience.

However, I am cool with grabbing a beer sometime, if you want. We can toast to Al Gore's Nobel Prize (even though the Idea of Progress was somehow snubbed again, it will not be held against our buddy Al).

Your Pal,

The Idea of Progress

6 comments:

Dale said...

Have a few beers with him at a Habitat for Humanity site, all the hammered headlines would be worth it. To me anyway.

Leonesse said...

I think of Jimmy and Rosalind and wonder how the hell Amy came about.

Generalissimo (Dictator) for life said...

Jimmy said "Lets build you a beer!"

Johnny Yen said...

Dr. Evil and I were, coincidentally, talking about Jimmy Carter today. IMHO, he was one of the best presidents. I think history will bear this out eventually.

Joe said...

I think Carter correctly should be known as the best EX-president. He's done way more good out of office than he did in it, as I recall his term in office.

As a good Baptist, I'm not sure Carter would have a beer with you. If that's the case, I'll take his.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Carter was the president when I was born. He holds a special place in my heart because of this and his non-republicanness.